As your pet ages, so do their bones and muscles. They require more attention and care to prevent orthopedic conditions such as arthritis, muscle tears, etc. Fortunately, our expert vets and technicians have the knowledge and experience to diagnose and treat many orthopedic issues. To know more about our services or book an appointment, please reach out to us at 604-854-2313.
What are some signs of orthopedic issues in dogs and cats?
Some signs to keep an eye out for include:
- Limping or stiffness
- Weight loss
- Reluctance to jump, run or sometimes even walk
- Complications going up and down the stairs
- Missing the litter box
- Avoiding activities
- Excessive joint licking
What can I do to help my pet deal with orthopedic issues?
You can take several steps at home to help your pet deal with arthritis:
- Introducing a diet with joint supplements and Omega 3 fatty acids
- Make environmental changes such as throw carpets for slippery floors, yoga mats in front of food bowls to make it easier to stand to eat
- Ensure your pet takes medications at appropriate times
- Book a laser therapy session